Thursday, July 7, 2011

Memorex PurePlay Portable Speaker

I recently had the opportunity to try out the Memorex Pure Play Portable Speaker...

Being that we aren't into the iphone and neither of the adults in our house have any iphone envy...
I wasn't sure if this was the right fit for our family...

We do however, have a couple of ipods...
Ipods that are constantly in use for the hub's daily jogs and for the kiddos' listening enjoyment...
and every great once in awhile...for me to escape & listen to some tunes as well!

Imagine my delight when I discovered that this thing not only works as a portable speaker, but also charges the unit at the same time! YAY! (Our ipods NEVER have any juice!)

As taken from their website:
A compact, clutch-style speaker system, the PurePlay™ Portable Speaker packs a big sound in a small, easily portable design. Perfect for a picnic, poolside or indoors, slide it in your favorite bag knowing the speakers are well protected, and then simply unfold it to move and groove to your favorite tunes – all while charging your iPod® or iPhone®.

They aren't kiddin! You can plug this unit in with the AC Adapter it comes with...Or you can pop in some AAA batteries and take it with you where ever you may be headed...

My kids who are ONLY preschoolers yet,love using the unit to listen to the ipod 'out loud' as we often have them listening with headphones...


There have been some crazy fun family dance parties going on around here since we discovered the Memorex PurePlay!

You'd looove to see some pictures or video of THAT now wouldn't you?

Sorry folks...
You'll just have to use your imagination...although my 4 year old does have him some great dance moves!

This cute little number comes in three colors: white, charcoal and black...

I just love how compact and lightweight and PORTABLE it is...slip it right into my purse and it fits right in with the other stuff...
Here it is next to my cable remote...

Almost the same size and even more lightweight!

You can bring this little number anywhere!
To the park or beach, or just on your nightstand!

The Memorex PurePlay retails for around $70.00 and is available at many fine local retailers both in stores and online...

To buy or not to buy?

In my opinion, this is an easy one ~
YES!
A docking station for your ipad (or iphone) that CHARGES it up for you too? For families like us who take the ipods with them on the go, how great to be able to travel and not have to plug the ipod into a computer somewhere to charge it up! HEEEELLLLLOO convenience!

Plus, the portability factor, the sleek, compact design and the ability to play your itunes out loud anywhere you are?

YES PLEASE!
We are loving this little gadget ~ and I'm confident you will too!



*** I was provided with a complimentary unit for review. The words and opinions that you read here are my own ***

1 comment:

  1. Nice I need to get one for my office!- Gina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails